THE BOOKSThe African Poetry Book Series is the major imprint of the African Poetry Book Fund. The Series consist of The New-Generation of African Poets Chapbook Set, New and Selected/Collected Series, Winners of the Sillerman and Glenna Luschei Prizes and African Poetry Translations.
African Poetry Libraries
Small poetry libraries on the African continent supporting aspiring and established poets.
The PrizesThe APBF administers three poetry book prizes annually, the Sillerman First Book Prize for African Poetry, The Glenna Luschei Prize for African Poetry , and in collaboration with Brunel University , the Brunel University African Poetry Prize.
African Poetry Book Fund
The APBF promotes and advances the development and publication of the poetic arts of Africa through its book series, contests, workshops, and seminars and through its collaborations with publishers, festivals, booking agents, colleges, universities, conferences and all other entities that share an interest in the poetic arts of Africa.
The APBF is supported by an international complex of additional collaborations and partnerships. Read more about our Partners.
- A red scar on African poetry: Anatomy of a serial plagiarist December 7, 2016
- Event: Words that travel: Rhythms of Literature, 21 January 2017, London December 7, 2016
- Briefly Noted: Garments Against Women by Anne Boyer December 8, 2016reviewed by Michael LindgrenThis hybrid meditation from Kansas City poet and philosopher Anne Boyer is a frankly astonishing expression of great beauty, pain, and force. Like all such artifacts, it is extraordinarily resistant to summary; suffice it to say that Garments Against Women is a freewheeling prose poem, written in coolly unspooling paragraphs that are […]Prairie Schooner
- "Who is American? How do we decide, and who decides?" an interview with E.M. Tran December 2, 2016by Sarah Fawn MontgomerySFM: Why are you drawn to the genre of nonfiction? What about its history or form speaks to you? What compels you to write about truth, history, and your own experience?I would consider myself a fiction writer in general, but find a lot of my stories in the seeds of truth, altering […]Prairie Schooner
- Briefly Noted: Garments Against Women by Anne Boyer December 8, 2016
- Authors for next New-Generation African Poets chapbook box set, Nne October 7, 2016
- Two New Titles Released for African Poetry Book Series September 27, 2016
- Glenna Luschei Prize will close October 1st September 19, 2016
- African Poetry Book Fund welcomes two additions to the Editorial Board September 14, 2016