THE BOOKSThe African Poetry Book Series is the major imprint of the African Poetry Book Fund. The Series consist of The New-Generation of African Poets Chapbook Set, New and Selected/Collected Series, Winners of the Sillerman and Glenna Luschei Prizes and African Poetry Translations.
African Poetry Libraries
Small poetry libraries on the African continent supporting aspiring and established poets.
The PrizesThe APBF administers three poetry book prizes annually, the Sillerman First Book Prize for African Poetry, The Glenna Luschei Prize for African Poetry , and in collaboration with Brunel University , the Brunel University African Poetry Prize.
African Poetry Book Fund
The APBF promotes and advances the development and publication of the poetic arts of Africa through its book series, contests, workshops, and seminars and through its collaborations with publishers, festivals, booking agents, colleges, universities, conferences and all other entities that share an interest in the poetic arts of Africa.
The APBF is supported by an international complex of additional collaborations and partnerships. Read more about our Partners.
- Who Needs Tinder When You Have a Muslim Registry? by Momtaza Mehri February 18, 2017
- The Dye Hard Interviews February 17, 2017
- Briefly Noted: Latino/a Literature in the Classroom edited by Frederick Luis Aldama February 16, 2017by Daniel A. OlivasIn this first volume of its type, Frederick Luis Aldama has gathered a broad range of scholarly yet practical essays into a comprehensive guide for the teaching of Latino/a literature. The prolific Aldama is perfectly suited to do so. Aside from being an Arts and Humanities Distinguished Professor of English at The […]Prairie Schooner
- "I look, and love even harder": an interview with Michael Schmeltzer February 15, 2017The Prairie Schooner Book Prize is now open through March 15th. Book Prize Coordinator Katie Schmid Henson will interview poets and fiction writers throughout the prize period, in celebration of the art of the book. This week, Michael Schmeltzer discusses storytelling as the art of memory, his preoccupation with shadow and absence, and what writers owe their […]Prairie Schooner
- Briefly Noted: Latino/a Literature in the Classroom edited by Frederick Luis Aldama February 16, 2017
- Three New Titles February 7, 2017
- Authors for next New-Generation African Poets chapbook box set, Nne October 7, 2016
- Two New Titles Released for African Poetry Book Series September 27, 2016
- Glenna Luschei Prize will close October 1st September 19, 2016